1. Can I ask the library to buy an item?Requested materials should support instructional, informational, and research objectives of St. Cloud State University, according to the LRS Collection Management Policy. Due to the nature of non-print and electronic resources, requestors should also consider the availability of appropriate equipment, cost, and accessibility.
Complete a Purchase Request Form to submit a request to the Collection Development department.
2. Does the library have copies of textbooks?Per Learning Resources Services policy, the Library does not collect textbooks and accompanying study guides except those items written by SCSU faculty or alumni.
3. How can I find out which books I have checked out?From the Books and More Catalog, click on the My Account link from the upper right corner, and type in your library barcode (usually the 14-digit number from your Campus ID card) and your password (usually your last name).
Select "Checked Out Items" to view the materials on your account.
4. How can I get a book or article that the SCSU library does not own?Students, faculty, and staff at SCSU may request copies of articles and books that SCSU does not own using Interlibrary Loan.
Just fill out the online request form (using your 14-digit barcode from the back of your id). In most cases, articles will be delivered to you via email or pick up your item at the Circulation Desk on the first floor.
LRS provides this service at no direct cost to you.
5. How do I check out books and other materials?You can check out materials at the Circulation desk on the first floor of the library. A current St. Cloud State University ID or a Minnesota Driver's License with an LRS barcode is required to borrow any materials. In addition, any student or faculty with a barcoded ID from other MnSCU/PALS member institutions may borrow circulating print resources.
For more information see LRS Check Out Policies.
6. How do I check out DVDs, videos, movies, CDs, and other audio-visual materials?Most DVDs, videos, CDs, etc. are kept behind the Circulation desk on the first floor. Feature films from the DVD collection (call numbers PN 1992.77 - PN 1992.8 and PN 1997.A2 - PN 1997.85) are located on the cherry wood shelves near the Reference Desk on the first floor.
To check out a feature film DVD, bring the case to the Circulation Desk. For all other audio-visual materials, find the item on the Books and More Catalog, write down the call number, and take it to the Circulation desk. The Circulation staff will retrieve the item, and check it out to you.
Students, faculty, and staff can borrow these items for three days. Students can have no more than five VHS tapes or five DVDs check out at one time.
7. How do I log into my library account?From the Books and More Catalog link on the Library homepage, click on the "My Account" link from the upper right corner.
Type in your library barcode (usually the 14-digit number from your Campus ID card) and your password (usually your last name).
By logging into My Account, you can view your Favorites, Tagged Items, and view your Checked Out materials. You can also view any fines you may have accrued, and you can manage your Interlibrary Loan requests.
8. How do I pay my library fines?All fees can be paid at Business Services in the Administrative Services building, AS123.
9. How do I renew items?From the Books and More Catalog, click on the My Account link from the upper right corner, and type in your library barcode (usually the 14-digit number from your Campus ID card) and your password (usually your last name).
Select the check box next to the title of the item you would like to renew.