This edition has been thoroughly updated and expanded to reflect all developments in psychology that have occurred since the publication of the second edition. It provides comprehensive coverage from Acquired Drives to Z-score, from conduct disorders to shamanism.
Provides online access to over 500 reference books (encyclopedias, dictionaries, handbooks, etc.) in all subject areas. This is the premier place to look up a quick fact or to search for background information on a research topic.
SAGE Reference Online
Provides access to 90 full-text specialized encyclopedias that offer excellent background information on a topic.
Currency: The timeliness of the information.
Relevance: The importance of the information for your needs.
Authority: The source of the information.
Accuracy: The reliability, truthfulness, objectivity, and correctness of the informational content.
Purpose: The reason the information exists.
- Search by concepts, taking out common words like effect, affect, good, bad, etc.
- Using AND focuses or limits your search (you get fewer results). Using OR broadens or expands your search (you get more results).
- Use * to search for different word endings (child* searches child, child's, children, children's but also childbirth) and plurals.
- Use quotation marks around phrases.
- Try the Advanced Search. Change the "field" you are search using the pull down menu (for example, search for keywords only in the "Title" of an article).
PsycINFO is the premier source for finding scholarly articles and other information relating to all aspects of psychology and related fields.
ERIC is the primary database supporting research in all areas of education, including psychology, administration, and library science.
Note: 1966 - present
Your first stop for finding scholarly high-quality research. Search the library's physical collection (books, movies, music, government publications, etc.) along with most of the online journals and e-books to which the Library subscribes -- all in a single search. Tip: For scholarly articles, click the check box to limit your results to peer-reviewed journals.
Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis
Full-text from 2005
Most recent year not available
Professor, Research Librarian
Questions? Ask a Librarian...
The Write Place offers free, one-on-one tutoring to all members of the St. Cloud State University community, at any stage in the writing process. They are located in Building 51 and also have a satellite location in the library on first floor.